Monday, July 29, 2013

Medallion QAL ~ Checkin in!

It's pretty pathetic that the last post I did was last Monday's Medallion QAL Check in.  O well...life and summer is very busy around here!  I did manage to get 1 block done and 3 almost done!


We also got new asphalt today!!  Lot's of prep work before today.  We had to jack hammer out most of the old asphalt, haul it to the backyard...rake...level...rake...level...and then new asphalt today.  We are very excited!!


 Silly Toby...best smile I could get out of him.  It's been quite a spring/summer.   New sports court...new asphalt...work, work, work...but all so worth it!  It's been good for my kids to do some work this summer!

Hope you all are having progress and having fun on your Medallion Blocks!  Remember to share with the rest of us your blocks or completed tops on the Flickr group!

~Jenny and Helen~

3 comments:

Cascade Quilts said...

your quilt is going to be awesome! I am jealous of the blacktop driveway! We have gravel and it's too high after years of adding more gravel when it needs a facelift - and now rain water drains where we don't want it to! :P

Rebecca Grace said...

I love your fabrics for that block. What is that dark gray solid that you're using? I love the look of gray with brights, but I have a hard time finding the right shade when I'm at the quilt shop.

Congrats on your blacktop! Those home improvement projects feel great, don't they?

Sherril said...

Wow!!!!!i love your backyard. I didn't realize the Sports Court was out so far.
Is that an outside Glider (couch) that I see? I have been looking for one for the Gardner Home.